Leave a reply
GD Tips and Topics for BOB Manipal
Here we are providing you all “Some Important Tips for Interviews and Group Discussion” for various Interviews in which you are yet to appear.
Some Important Tips which you have to keep in your mind while going for Group Discussion (GD).
- Be as natural as possible. Do not try to be someone you are not. Be yourself. In an attempt to be someone else, your opinions will not be portrayed;
- Sit with a straight and confident posture;
- Be assertive yet humble. You need to stick to your values and beliefs, but learn to respect the values and opinions of others too;
- Grab the opportunity to speak first, i.e. to start the group discussion with your opinion. It generally leaves a good impression on the evaluator, but take the move only if you have complete knowledge of the subject;
- Do not repeat a point, or be lengthy or irrelevant. Also intervene, if someone else is going on an irrelevant track;
- Facilitate contribution from others. Do not just go on and on and on with only your opinionated view. Remember, it is a group discussion. Allow others to speak too;
- Make an eye contact with all the participants. It creates more room for conversation. Also keep nodding, when others speak, it shows receptivity;
- Be an active and dynamic participant. The examiner wants to hear you speak. So do put forth your views;
- Be positive and prepare your thoughts well but do not be over-confident;
- Think well before you speak. You are being heard and judged upon
- When raising an objection to a point kept by another speaker, back it up with a solid reason to get the point across;
- Use quotes, facts and figures, statements, everyday life examples to express a clear chain of thoughts. Also it might leave a good impression on the examiner and help you score well.
There is nothing specific that can be predicted for GD topics. But the current topics have a good chance to be asked in GD. So we are providing you some of them and keep on reading newspaper for more Current Topics.
- Make in India
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Neeti Ayog
- Beti Bachao Beti Parao Yojna
- Suknya Smridhi Yojna.
- Adarsh Gram Sansad Yojna
- Smart Cities
- Shramaye Jayate
- Namami Gange
- Digital India
- Man Ki Baat
- This Year’s Bharat Ratna awardees (A B Bajpayee, MM Malviya)
- Noble Peace prize winners ( Kailsash Satyarthi, Yusufji Malala)
- Recent visits of PM to neighboring countries.( One para each, with focus on Bangla Agreement)
- Article 370 of the constitution
- PM Jeevan Suraksha Yojna
- PM Jeevan Jyoti Yojna
- Atal Pension Yojna
- Women empowerment
- Judicial appointment commission
- Juvenile Justice System
- Gross National Happiness Index
- Land Acquisition Act controversy
All the best candidates